Friday, February 22, 2008

Winter Wonderland, My Ass

So, I woke up this morning at 6 a.m., looked out the window and saw that for once, the weather predictions were relatively accurate: There was already about an inch of snow on the ground and more was falling.
I am so freaking happy that for the fourth or fifth (or more?) time this week, there will be enough snow to have to shovel and having fallen at pain in the ass times, such as when I am at work (or closing in in 11 p.m.), so that the snow can be trampled down, more slippery than normal to walk on and harder to shovel and truly clean off the sidewalk and driveway.
Because there is nothing I would rather do than come home from work (today will be a particularly annoying day), take Walker Evans for his jaunt, and then clear snow out our yard until my clothes and gloves are wet with sweat, feel the accompanying aches and pains flaring up, and then try to get ready for when Val gets home from work.
Of course, this thread may seem a little but whiny, but as you may be able to tell, I have had it with winter at this point.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nanny nanny boo boo from warmer climes. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

My mom always used to say "At least you don't have to shovel the heat," when we'd gripe about triple-digit weather. I guess she's probably right.

And can I just say I love that your dog is named Walker Evans? It makes me grin every time I read it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger heather said...

I feel your er, pain. It's not the snow here that has been bad, but freezing rain. My new driveway is probably a 45 degree angle and I have slipped and fallen 4 times this winter. A couple times on my thighs and butt(so it didn't hurt) the other two times on my hands and knees (that did hurt). At least the snow would cushion me! Our snowblower has been very handy I must say. Our biggest fight now is the flu, poor Kristina had it ALL of February break (she wants a do over). By the way, her Walworth Rec girls basketball team finished the year with a record of 11-1 (coached by the very competitive Mike Keenan - I don't know who was more disappointed they missed a perfect record, Mike or KC.) Hang in there, February is almost over, and it's always my grouchiest month (I think my family can see the difference).

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

although I too am a bit tired of the snow, i'd rather deal with our weather(at least recently) as opposed to heather's

For me it is more the grey days...snowy but then cold and sunny-excellent. unfortunately that is not often enough the reality.

at the end of the day i'd rather have cold then hot and humid

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin and Val...call me Sat. morning as I think Jack would like to share his painting with you. BJD

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home