Monday, February 18, 2008

Catch Up Time, Musically Writing

Over the next few weeks, I will be taking on a project here that I should have started earlier. Sadly, I have gotten behind in reviewing CDs sent in for consideration at our web site, BuffaloRoots, both local and national/international bands, so I am going to start publishing reviews of them here, and eventually get them over to the web site.
I have written about music for more than 25 years, and one of the best things about having your own blog, that you write about what you want when you want, is also one of the reasons I have written less about music recently, because deadline pressure and specific assignments have ways of making an old newspaper guy like me write more, and sometimes better.
As many of you know, I used to be known as a rather acidic music critic, never shying from strongly criticizing something, even if recorded or somehow performed by a local act, and while I still do now, I can now choose to simply ignore or just not review something that isn't worth me investing my time and energy in, which still frequently happens, especially with CDs.
There are too many CDs for me to fully catch up with (plus a good number I have no wish to listen to again), and the frequency of regularity of my reviews has not been determined, but today will feature my first installment.
If you have any questions or want to submit CDs for my consideration, e-mail me at KJHosey@buffaloroots.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home