Sunday, October 07, 2007

An Ill Wind Blew, Wedding Style

Things have been a bit, um, unsettled at the Dunne-Hosey Estates these last few days, and it looks like the wedding we attended Friday is the vortex.
Val and I attended the wedding and reception of Kim Dossinger (Val's brother-in-law's sister) and Jeffrey Stahl in Amherst; we knew some things were a bit dicey health wise because Brad Dossinger, husband of Val's sister Patricia (Tricia), came down with nasty flu-like bug Thursday night/Friday morning, with all of the accompanying symptoms and reactions (both Brad and Tricia were in the wedding party, as was their son, Jack). When we saw him before the start of the services, he looked very pale, was sweating and told us he wasn't sure he'd make through the ceremony. In the end, he did make it through the ceremony and some of the reception before heading home very early. Kim and Jeff's wedding and reception were very nice and quite fun.
Well, about 24 hours or so later, Val was up at about 2-3 a.m. Sunday with, you guessed it, an upset stomach that turned to puking and, well, more. She was up several more times during the night and morning, and Val was feeling horrible. To tell you how bad she was feeling, I need tell you just one word to describe what happened to her: simultaneous.
She finally made it out of bed and has actually eaten some saltine crackers and drank some 7-Up and water, but Val is still exhausted, drained and queasy of stomach; maybe we'll get some soup into her tomorrow, and her remaining strength has been spent watching her Green Bay Packers play the Chicago Bears (the score is 20-20 as I write this).
Brad and Val were not the only flu casualties of the wedding and reception. The bride and groom, Kim and Jeff, have been hit by the bug, as was the bride's father, Clyde, and we have been told that several other people have been stricken. Fortunately, it seems that the flu bug I had about a month ago either allowed me to develop enough of a resistance in my immune system or the flu gods believed I had suffered enough this summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Oh no! Flu everywhere!!!

I finally got a chance to meet up with Trisha at work a few weeks agao and introduce myself as your blog friend ;)

Now I wonder...I went to college at Allegheny with Kris (Dossinger) is she a sister????

I know, I know...not all people with the same last name are related. I'm a Smith :) Just curious.

Hope Val is feeling better....

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yes, Jenn, Kris is Kim's twin sister, and she came up from Florida to be the maid of honor. Fortunately, so far, Kris did not get sick.

Val is sitting next to me on the couch after finally waking up a few minutes ago; she slept for more than 12 hours this last session. She is a bit weak and pale, but feeling better than yesterday. She may actually eat more than crackers today.

Val says thanks for your wishes.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think thas had something to do with having a bad sports weekend....

12:33 PM  
Blogger heather said...

So far we have all managed to remain healthy, apparently we didn't share any of the same puzzle pieces Saturday!

I hope Val is feeling better

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home