Sunday, January 28, 2007

Blizzard of '77: Enough, Already

Yes, I lived through the Blizzard of '77 here in Buffalo and Erie County, and no, I am not going to read anything about the 30th anniversary of the blizzard or, if I can help it, watch or listen to any stories about it.
Why? Because there is NOTHING new or interesting to read, watch or hear about the Blizzard of '77 30 years later. Look, it snowed, the wind blew a lot, people couldn't work or go to school, and sadly, some people died. I am not impressed by anyone's stories of how they got through it at this point, and I will not recite any mundane, boring, self-important personal anecdotes about it.
Does any other town overdo things of this nature like Buffalo?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get snow in Buffalo?

2:37 PM  
Blogger val said...

Exactly, Alan. On top of that, it irks me how some media just wallows in the Blizzard of '77 and other weather events.

One station had stories marking the 30th anniversary of the first day after the Blizzard of '77 today.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home