Sunday, November 19, 2006

Television Promotional Annoyance

I realize that the title could include hundreds of current items, but the one that stands out in my mind is the "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" drive, slogan and commercials on NBC to promote its "Heroes" program.
I'll be short: I don't give a flying f@#* about the cheerleader, world as NBC sees it in this instance or the piece of crap program, and even more, I hate it when a network tries to pretend and/or get people to believe that an expression like this just happened to become popular or tripping off the tongues of people in a populist, groundswell movement instead of being a cloying, calculating promotional move with no real popular, of-the-people support. I know, this is what promotional campaigns can be, but I don't have to like them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek J. Punaro said...

I've heard the show is pretty good (I don't watch it) but personally, I thought the tagline was pretty dumb. I don't find cheerleaders at all appealing, and frankly couldn't care less if they save one or not. :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Oh, just that terrible terrible whispery TV announcer dramtic voice makes me want to throw things at the TV, and we have our TV off 98% of the time! I agree!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home