Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Night Follies

Let's see; I forgot to defrost the chicken and took it from the freezer to the refrigerator, leaving me an 11-pound brick du pollo to hack part of my dinner out of; I dozed off while cooking the chicken and boiling water, leaving my chicken a bit, um, crispy and the water half empty to make pasta with; the Knicks looked crappy losing to San Antonio; Val's work shift changed from 8 p.m.-6:30 a.m. to 12-8:30 p.m. this week, screwing up our schedule again; Val's period got here a day early, right in the middle of her steaming some cauliflower; I went to help Val bring her plate through, and Walker Evans helped himself to the rest of my dinner, and the Seattle-Oakland Monday Night Football game is excruciatingly boring.
So, how is your Monday?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

I'm not gonna go into details, but my Monday was a steaming bowl of suck. So don't feel bad.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

And you needed to mention the menses why?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Come on, Prego; how happy is your wife, and therefore your household, when her period comes unexpectedly early? Anyway, I never actually mentioned menses, you did.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

It actually never comes early or unexpectedly. Lately, it's more like "Sh*t. I guess we have to 'try' another month."

Anyway, I was just asking because I didn't follow the context in which you mentioned it. Since you and Val share this space, I thought she'd have reacted as Mrs. P might have:

Aaaaackkkk. Why'd you write THAT!?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Actually, I asked Val if she would mind me writing that before I submitted the entry; she has no problem with it.

She is almost as "write anything, I/we have nothing to hide" as I am, even to the point of mentioning her MS from time to time.

And I didn't know that you and the Mrs. were ...

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home