Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Hate Missing Some Shows

Due to financial straits and time commitments, I was unable to catch avant garde noise/rock musician and composer Rhys Chatham's performance at Sound Lab this weekend. I have been a big fans of Sonic Youth, Glenn Branca and Band of Susans for years, and a fan of Chatham in the last few years, so you can see how my punk, rock and classical music listening, experiences and even training in one area can blend.
On a better note, I was searching on Amazon.com and checked out Rhys Chatham; among other releases, I found (in the past few years, I have not been able to find more than 1 or 2 on Amazon) 7 items listed, including one, "Die Donnergotter" ("The Thundergods"), I have sought for years. Yes, it is on my birthday gift list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home