Monday, September 11, 2006

Lost in the Supermarket, Again

I seem to spend more time than I would expect in grocery stores, so I notice things such as what kind of music is played there. Wegmans has been the best over the years, but that is mainly because music at Tops is usually abysmal; not that Wegmans is like Sirius Radio, but it can be tolerable, and otherwise, I can blot most noise out when grocery shopping.
So, when I stopped to pick up something at Latina's on Elmwood Avenue on the way home from work today, I was pleasantly surprised that while I was in line waiting, I heard Bryan Ferry's "Don't Stop the Dance" playing. A nice, cool, pretty good song that should offend no one, it and much of Ferry's catalog would sound great at most grocery stores instead of the usual dreck we hear, particularly Latina's, which usually plays (when I notice) Top 40, urban and oldies. Some combination.
If you've heard better music in grocery or other stores (music stores obviously excluded), let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home