Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sinking in The Lake

I've been nice and nasty to 107.7 FM The Lake, which is my favorite broadcast radio station for music in the Buffalo/Western New York market. But at times, I have to wonder if I am listening to the worst of 97 Rock or other stations.
While I was driving home from work today, I had The Lake on the radio when the opening chords of "Show Me the Way" by Peter Frampton could be heard. Peter Frampton? PETER FUCKING FRAMPTON? I guess I could understand if The Lake would play some of the less overplayed music of Frampton, either solo, with Humble Pie or Frampton's Camel, but "Show Me the Way" has been played so many times on so many different stations in so many different formats that it is closing in on the joke status of shouting out a request for "Freebird" at a concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home