Saturday, August 19, 2006

Busy Day

Posting will be very light today, despite some ideas. After breakfast, Val has an eye examination, and then we have the annual Connelly Family Reunion picnic in Fort Erie.
My mother, Sheila, is a Connelly, and yes, a picnic with a bunch of Micks like us Connellys is a ton of fun, and with my mother, Val and I (my sister and her family cannot attend this year) being the only Americans among the 40 or so other people, all Canadians, in attendance, watching Canadians of Irish descent drinking is an almost religious experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Which religion is that? Watching the South Buffalo Flahertys drink is akin to a Sunni day in a Shiite park.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Derek J. Punaro said...

How about some German drinking at Bloggercon V? :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger val said...

Actually, I was surprised at the subdued atmosphere and lack of serious drinking yesterday. There were about 20-25 kids among the 50 people there, and that includes a lot of really young kids (yep, my favorite in a public/party setting). But it was still a lot of fun, as I will soon be writing about here.
Oh, very cool Linus art work.
It seems like the Oktoberfest theme for BloggerCon V is a unanimously popular choice, Derek. While Val and I will be enjoying our non-alcoholic beverages, I did get to go to Germany (East and West, when both still existed) as part of the Buffalo-Dortmond Sister City Exchange Program, so I know it will be fun.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home