Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thank You, 107.7 The Lake

In a recent post, I complained that I haven't heard the original version of "Because the Night" recorded by the Patti Smith Group (and written by Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen), or the live version by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, in a long time, but had heard the much inferior live version by 10,000 Maniacs.
Well, a couple of days ago, while driving home, I tuned in to 107.7 FM The Lake, my favorite local commercial radio station. A song was ending, and I then heard the unmistakable piano introduction to the Patti Smith Group's "Because the Night." Yes, I cranked the volume and sang along. Being the third song in the set, the DJ then back sold the rest of the set; coincidentally, the first song in the set was by ... 10,000 Maniacs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home