Monday, July 03, 2006

W Is for White, Whoops, Wrong ...

One thing I always do before I wear a white shirt, sweatshirt, sweater, etc., is to consider what I will be eating that day, and as anal as I am, I also remark when Val wears white for the same reason. So, my double dare of this standard Saturday ended up, as you might have guessed, in two wrongs territory.
I had on my white (with a little orange and black writing) Sligo Rovers Gaelic Football (Soccer) League shirt Saturday as we went to breakfast at Solid Grounds before we went to the Central Library. I kept making sure I spilled no coffee on the shirt before the food came, but by my second forkful, I had some egg with hot sauce from my breakfast burrito on my shirt, and couldn't wash it clean with a napkin and water.
Changing out of that shirt after I mowed the lawns, I put on a white short-sleeve polo shirt with a little blue logo/writing I won at a Connelly family reunion party (my mother Sheila's family). We ended up eating dinner at Cinco de Mayo, a new Mexican restaurant on Eggert Road in Amherst, and, yep, I got red sauce from my chicken burrito and enchilada dinner on my shirt. We had to go to Best Buy after that, so I held my Sabres' hat over the stain as much as I could until we returned home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sligo hmmm?

6:53 AM  
Blogger val said...

Yes, Kim, Sligo; part of my mother's family, the Connellys, are from Town and County Sligo. I wished we could have visited there even longer, and Val and I will return someday.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home