Thursday, March 30, 2006

Self-Promotion/Old College Try, Radio Style

From Friday through Sunday, March 31-April 2, WBNY 91.3 FM, the radio station at Buffalo State College, will be holding its annual Alumni Weekend, and I will be joining a bunch of alumnus from my early days to more recent graduates in taking over the airwaves and having some fun.
I was on the air as a DJ, news reporter and anchor, talk show host and producer from 1984-1985, when I graduated, and it was possibly the best thing I did during my college career, besides get the writing bug and decide that I needed my journalism degree as I finished my criminal justice degree. While describing all of my musical tastes and selections I played while at WBNY would take too long, I can tell you that I hosted the Holiday Hardcore Harangues and that my main show, 6-10 a.m. Wednesdays, was called the loudest morning show in Buffalo. In fact, if you want to hear what my incredibly nasally voice sounds like and get a peak into what I used to listen to and what I listen to know, I will be on from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, April 1.
Other alumni, including Tina Peel, now on 107.7 FM The Lake, and Cal Zone, will be on hand and on the air. Even if I wasn't prominent enough to be mentioned in/for the Buffalo Rising article, I think it will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home