Thursday, March 16, 2006

Good Deed, Parking Meter Edition

On my way from work downtown to Dog Days of Buffalo to pick up Walker Evans from his weekly dog day care session Wednesday, I stopped at Elmwood Pet Supplies, 706 Elmwood Ave., to pick up a box of organic green bone treats he likes, one of the few treats the rough, dog-of-the-streets, Rottweiler/German Shepherd blend can eat and keep down.
I parked at a meter diagonally across the street from the store, in front of the church, and when I went to put a quarter in the meter, I saw that it still had 22 minutes in it, so I smiled and walked across the street. Two doors down from Elmwood Pet Supplies is a beauty salon, and I noticed that the meter of the car parked in front of it was blinking, indicating that it was out of time. I grabbed the quarter I was going to use for my meter, placed it in and turned the key/handle, setting it back to 30 minutes.
This act would have barely been worth writing about if this ending hadn't occurred: When I drove away after making my purchase and getting back into the car, as I passed the car whose meter I dropped a quarter in, a Buffalo Police Department patrol car stopped next to that car, and I saw the officer in the passenger seat looking at the meter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home