Friday, February 10, 2006

In Mourning

Readers may recall my writing here about a week ago about Kim Wilson, a friend of Val and me and a particularly good friend of Val, who was having some difficulty in her fight with cancer. Sadly, Kim died Wednesday morning, surrounded by relatives and close friends. Val wrote a very nice piece, accompanied by a photo of Kim, at her other blog, Creative Buffalo, of which a link appears to the right (sorry, my HTML skills suck).
Kim was a wonderful wife (to Mike), friend, artist, colleague (she and her great friend, Mar Penner Griswold, operate State of the Art, a custom framing business on Hertel Avenue) and mother of sorts to her two Jack Russell terriers, Jester and Pixel. She had a sometimes sharp sense of humor that never crossed over into malice. Kim and Mar gave Val and I an absolutely beautiful wedding gift, a very nicely framed version of our wedding party invitation with some engraving and a claddagh underneath (both Val and I are of Irish descent). It is hung on the wall of our sun room, a room of escape, refuge and contemplation for us that if we could, we would spend our entire summer inside, and will be a constant reminder of Kim's spirit.
Kim has fortunately ended her suffering and gone on to another level, while we miss her with heavy hearts, knowing her spirit will always be with us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin,

I am Kim's cousin Gene from New Jersey. I met you at the funeral reception. I just wanted to comment on your lovely article, "In Mourning." This is another great tribute to Kim. I viewed Kim more as a dear friend, so it comes as no surprise to me that Kim touched so many lives, and had so many great friends. thank you.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Gene, we were happy to meet you, but of course, the situation was not how we wish it had happened. You're so right, Kim touched an awful lot of lives and easily made a lot of friends. I hope this helped ease the pain in a small way.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, Thanks again. This did ease the pain a bit. I sent the blog to my parents, who were Kim's Aunt and Uncle. It made them happy. Hope to meet you under better circumstances.
I love Buffalo Roots. I will be reading it.

gene

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home