Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sabres, Val, Kevin Return to HSBC

Following a successful (4-2) road trip, the Buffalo Sabres return home to host the Philadelphia Flyers at 7 p.m. Thursday, February 2, at the HSBC Arena. Val and I will be attending our third game of the season, thanks to a Christmas gift of 50 Sabre Bucks from Val's sister Tricia and her husband Brad; for some reason, the Sabres/Flyers game was a Bronze game, and we got two very good Level 300 tickets for 48 Sabre Bucks.
Sadly for Val and I, after several years of having Mini Packs, we could not afford to renew them this season (serious financial considerations), so of course, we will miss out on the chance for buying playoff tickets early. Neither of us have attended a Sabres' playoff game (I did attend a Braves' playoff game), but someday ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, have fun at the game tonight. I'm calling 3-1 Sabres. Vanek, Dumont and Pominville each find the net.

I dig yer blog and the buffaloroots site, especially the Fleshtones write-ups. I used to listen to Val's show on GCC, "Attack of the Pink Beret", every Tuesday night back in the day. Good times.

Cheers

4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks! I actually subscribe to Center Ice, so I get pretty much every game. I've just been slackin' on the blog.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge win over the Sens on Saturday. And nice to see Peters finally earn his paycheck by taking McGratton out of the equation.

Anyway, yeah, I remember your radio show quite well. Helped turn me onto folks like the SplatCats - in fact, I was one of the, like, 5 people at that ill-fated Splats show at GCC. That wasn't Jolt in that bottle...

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home