Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend, I Think

This past weekend was one of those weekends where we needed much more time and energy than was possible to get everything done.
Friday night was a perfect example; after we ate dinner at Amy's Place, we went home and did some stuff ostensibly to kill time before we went to Mohawk Place to see and hear the Tarbox Ramblers and Alison Pipitone. While Val worked on the computer, I watched the New York Knicks' game and hoped that Val, who still hasn't had her IVIG treatment for MS because none exists here (thanks for the blood donating mention, Jen), would feel good enough to go to the show. Of course, it ended up that I was in and out of sleep, and at one point, Val asked me if I was going to make it to the show. My reply, and I knew it as I said it, was pure gibberish, a combination of words that made no sense and groups of letters that did not form words. Val burst out laughing and when I was coherent enough, I realized that tiredness had caught up to me and we stayed home.
We were actually rather busy throughout the weekend (we hung Val's show at Chateau Buffalo, attended an opening at the Buffalo Arts Studio at which Val, a long-time member, had work hanging in the back studio, etc.), but I pulled off an impressive hat trick: I did not write anything for this blog, our web site, http://Buffaloroots.com, or on any of my freelance assignments. So, look for me to make up a lot of that work this week; no, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home