Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Not Happy

I've been meaning to write about Buffalo BlogCon 2 for a few days, but things haven't been too conducive to writing much of anything recently; let's see how many I can remember.
Sadly, the main reason is that our friend Kim, a wonderful soul and great artist, wife, colleague and mom to two pups, is fighting for her life in a hospital as her recovery from cancer is complicated by what appears to be pneumonia. Any good wishes, energy and/or prayers you can send her way are very appreciated. The last time Kim was over to our house was our wedding party, and I can still remember talking to her and her great friend and colleague Mar just outside our back door between the house and garage. I hope we get the chance to do that again soon.
Val has not been feeling too good for the last few days (just after BlogCon 2) because the monthly IV drug treatment she takes for her MS has not been found/available in Western New York for at least a week; the drug, IVIG, is a blood product, and due to the need for blood and blood products due to Hurricane Katrina, the supply is strained. Until she gets her treatment, Val will have to be careful and fight the usual effects of MS even more than normal; if there is one thing about Val, she is a fighter, and has battled her MS as successfully as anyone can for years. I just wish she didn't have to fight it so much.
There are a couple more, much less important, things that are making me grumpy. I got one of my credit card bills today, and my minimum payment, thanks to recent federal legislation, is now 40-50 percent higher. I know the legislation allows credit card companies to charge higher minimums, but I don't believe the law requires companies to do so, because my other cards' minimum payments did not increase that much.
Lastly, despite being the editor of a web site concentrating on roots music (country, alt-country, rock, rockabilly, folk, etc.), Buffaloroots.com, and being in the pipeline on concerts of these styles of music coming to Buffalo, why did I hear nothing about the Marty Stuart show earlier tonight at The Icon until Sunday night? It is hard to write about or plan to attend a show you don't know about.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

GOOD warm fuzzy thoughts coming your way...

I hope you do not mind the personal plea I put on my blog, let me know if you would rather not have it there.

I was going to write about this ANYHOW tomorrow(today?) after giving blood, but then I saw that Random Thoughts 101 had a post too!

So...I posted early.

*Hugs*

1:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

Best wishes to everyone on your end. (And a pox on the credit card companies and the Congress that just bends over and does their will!)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home