Friday, December 30, 2005

Unwanted Encore

Frequent readers may recall the parking trouble we and other residents of our street have had with the meatheaded owner of the white Ford F150 truck who has parked across and blocked driveways.
Well, I took today off from work and anticipated sleeping in a bit, but at a little before 9 a.m., Val came upstairs to tell me that the white Ford was blocking our driveway again, and that she couldn't get her car out to go to work. I called and asked that someone come and ticket the truck and tow it away; while I threw some jeans on and grabbed my wallet and keys, a parking enforcement officer quickly arrived and ticketed the truck for blocking our driveway and for having an out-of-date inspection sticker, and he marked the vehicle for towing. It's been a bit more than an hour, and the truck is still there, and I am hoping that the tow truck gets here before the grunting driver boy does.
And yes, I got Val to work on time, and I have eaten breakfast and watched a documentary instead of trying to go back to sleep, and Walker Evans, our dog, was glad to see me and to get an extra session in the backyard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erinna said...

Kevin Hosey! I found you commenting on my roommate's blog. Don't know if you remember me, but I briefly worked at the Bee in the fall of 2000...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yes, indeed, I do remember you, Erinna, and I am a reader of Erin-Go-Blog, and I am going to ask Val, the computer brains of this operation, to link us to you. Fortunately, neither of us work at The Bee any more.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home