Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's a Rock Show (or Two)

Actually, two shows caught my attention today; neither one coming to Buffalo, but one close enough to ponder.
Earlier tonight, I checked Pollstar.com and after not being overly enthralled with the listings for Buffalo, its environs, Niagara Falls and Rochester, I checked Toronto. On May 2, 2006, at the Air Canada Centre, Willie Nelson and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band are scheduled to perform, and tickets are listed at $59.50 and $69.50 Canadian. Not bad, but, of course, tickets go on sale in a day or so.
And while watching the New York Knicks-Chicago Bulls basketball game (I am a long-suffering Knicks and former Buffalo Braves fan, while Val, born and bred in Chicago before moving to Wisconsin, is the Bulls fan), we saw a commercial for the Black Crows to play Madison Square Garden, although I did not catch the date. The opening bands? North Mississippi All-Stars, a band I have missed when it played Buffalo and desperately want to catch, and My Morning Jacket, a band I am one of the few to not be impressed by (see my review of them opening for Wilco at http://Buffaloroots.com) but Val likes.
Well, at least I just received an e-mail from Michael Tarbox announcing a January 27, 2006, Tarbox Ramblers show at Mohawk Place here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home