Friday, December 02, 2005

No Fun, and Irked

I woke up today at 6 a.m. as usual; my throat was filled with fluid and sore, and I was a bit congested, so I called in sick. I hate calling in sick, but there was a chance I could be getting pretty sick and that I might spread something at the office, and I didn't feel like taking a chance.
After dozing off for a while, I called in sick to work, e-mailed my boss and, of course, took a look at some e-mail. Val, who was then getting up, told me to go back to bed and read e-mail later, because I needed to rest (yes, she's right, but I am stubborn). So, I went back to bed and woke up to Walker Evans, our vociferous rescue dog, barking at something while Val cleaned her car off. He then stood at the bottom of the stairs with his tail wagging, so I knew it was time to let him out and feed him.
I eventually spent several hours on the couch, under a comforter, eating breakfast, drinking coffee (I don't care, a day without coffee is next to impossible and something I don't want to experience) and watching the CFL Grey Cup game on DVR (the Edmonton Eskimos defeated the Montreal Alouettes in overtime, 38-35).
Unfortunately, I forgot that I had not only parked in the street, but on the side that would be ticketed after 9 a.m., and when I remembered, a bit after noon, I threw my coat on over my bed clothes and ran out, only to find a $30 parking ticket on my car. We live in the Elmwood Village, two blocks off of Elmwood Avenue near Bryant, and we know through experience, reading articles in the Buffalo News and from my speaking with a parking enforcement officer that we are in one of the most heavily targeted neighborhood for issuing tickets in the city; mine was timed in at 9:38 a.m., actually a bit later than I expected, and I heard nothing to warn me of this.
So, I have to go to Rite Aid for some throat stuff and still go to my mother's house to do some caulking which I planned to do right after work, and then we have an art opening tonight. No rest for the weary ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home