Saturday, August 06, 2011

Demographic Inaccuracy...Some

I have started getting some spam recently concerning my "personal" life, and at least it makes me laugh.
At about 4:15 p.m. today, Saturday, August 6, I received an email from ChristianMingle.com, "The Community for Christian Singles" (a descriptive term apparently so catchy that it is trademarked). I have nothing against people who identify themselves primarily or solely, or even eventually, as Christians, but have I ever indicated that I am looking for someone who upholds alleged Christian values pertaining to romance? Does anyone believe I ever looked for a dating or romantic partner who believed in waiting until marriage for sexual activity? Right.
Tuesday, August 2, I received an email from SeniorPeopleMeet.com, offering to help me "Meet Other 50+ Singles." I may be 50 years old, but does anyone that age have to limit himself or herself to interest in other 50-year-olds?
Of course, on top of everything, I have been incredibly happily married for more than 9 years to my loving wife, Val Dunne, and am listed everywhere I have submitted any personal information as married and have since June 23, 2002.
Finally, if someone wants to be creative and maybe find a niche in the singles market, start a "Singles Who Listen to the Clash, B-52s, Blasters, Public Image Limited, X, David Bowie, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Gurf Morlix, Lucinda Williams, Hank Williams, Tom Waits, Sonic Youth, Rosanne Cash, Blue Rodeo, Bruce Springsteen and Richard Thompson Singles Club." Fortunately, I still won't be joining it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pauldub said...

I get spam for singles, how an attorney can get me into the U.S. and become a citizen, as well as comfortable bras and E.D. meds. Someone truly sucks at personal data mining.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home