Thursday, May 28, 2009

Did I Know That Word in Grade 7?

My sister and her husband, Heather and Mike Keenan, are very proud of their two children, Kristina and Tom. Kristina just found another way to make me shake my head in appreciation.
Val, my mother Sheila and I went to their house in Walworth (Wayne County) Sunday to celebrate Kristina's confirmation. Simply put, Kristina is a great student, especially in math and English, and she more than holds her own playing the oboe, singing in chorus and playing sports.
Several of us were talking about how she was doing at school (Heather works at the school) and how school is in general when the women present starting talking about how it is to be in school at that age (grade 7) and how some girls try to act much older than they are.
After several terms were thrown around on how to refer to these kinds of girls by the adult women in the conversation, Kristina shrugged her shoulders and said, "I just call them annoying narcissists."
Wow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So awesome! Heather and Mike have some pretty big reasons to be proud.

And I think precociousness, especially verbal precociousness, runs in the family.

1:57 PM  
Blogger heather said...

now if I could get the other one to stop being fixated on discussing bodily functions I'd be really proud :-)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It can have its semi-impressive moments. Did you know that ethyl mercaptan, the substance turkey vultures detect to find a meal, is the same chemical that makes farts smell? David does.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home