Thursday, December 04, 2008

They're Back and Still Sucking

With this being the Christmas and holiday season, several traditions return: holiday music, exchanges of alleged good will, decorations, good works for those in need, excessive gift shopping, a few good seasonal television programs, cold weather and snow, and food.
Oh, and also, to ruin too many people's holidays and to prove that people will still spend big dollars on mindless, awful, unoriginal progressive rock of the worst kind Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Kansas play, dressed up as holiday classics, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (not even deserving of a link).
I am fully sick of their music in general and specific, as well as advertisements for their shows, commercials using their music and hearing/hearing about the band in general. No, I don't go up to their fans or anyone else uninvited and say these things, but there are still those who ask me if I've heard this great rock band "do" Christmas songs and how amazing their light show and sound are, etc. They seem hurt when I tell them that I don't like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I have always had a nasty streak of honesty in me.
Musically for the holidays? Give me the original soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio or some traditionally sung or performed Christmas carols in moderation. Oh, and absolutely, positively no "Jingle Bell Rock" or "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What about "Santa Baby" or "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas?" Someone please shoot me in the ears; it'd be less painful.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a non sucking holiday music choice I present Bela Fleck and the Flecktones 'Jingle All the Way' CD.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home