Friday, December 05, 2008

It Still Hurts

It used to be a happy, positive way to mark the beginning of the holiday season, and now it is a somber one; yesterday, December 4, is my late father Edward's birthday, and he would have turned 80 yesterday.
It's been more than 4 1/2 years since he died, and all of us still miss him, my mother, Sheila, in particular, and while I had a few other items I wanted to post about yesterday, it didn't seem like any urgency behind them could override my thinking about my dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean - and the holidays don't exactly help, do they?

Hang in there, we all go through it.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yes, Kevin; by remembering the good times with our dads, sometimes they trigger the sad times of missing them. Better to have had reasons to miss them, I know.

I guess I feel a bit better having written that and read your response.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home