Monday, October 27, 2008

There Goes the Weekend

This past weekend was not the most exciting or the worst weekend in recent history, but it seemed to have been more bad than good.
The sports roundup for the Dunne-Hosey Estates was mediocre: The Sabres won and the lost in shootouts, the University of Wisconsin beat Illinois in football, 27-17, and the Buffalo Bills (my concern, not Val's) lost to Miami, 25-16.
But the weekend was mostly influenced by Val's rather nasty cold; she went in for her monthly Tysobri intravenous treatment for her MS late in the week, which temporarily knocks down her immune system. Right away, a cold decided to waltz in and has kept Val plugged, stuffed, having trouble breathing and stealing away her energy. I had to do the grocery shopping, taking Walker Evans to the Lasalle Park dog park and other errands solo; Val has been taking copious amounts of Nyquil, Dayquil and related medications.
I hope that Val, currently sleeping, will be feeling better today, but I know she'll at least have enough energy to watch the Sabres-Senators' hockey game tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww; I hope Val feels better soon. Having your immune system wiped out periodically would be rough.

We've got a pretty nasty cold making the rounds at our house. Other than bringing a fever with it, it was pretty mild for me. But since Aaron is diabetic, he's hesitant to take certain medications, and since it's cold season the selection is pretty slim. He's sleeping, pretty noisily, right now. I told him it's time for work. He responded with a hearty "MRFLGRURGF!!" I'm not sure what that translates to in English, but I imagine it's not "Thanks for reminding me, honey."

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home