Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Didn't Miss THAT Part of Waking Up

Yes, we all knew that the lovely, 4-5-day Indian summer (is that offensive?) weather we had was going to leave soon and fall would return, but I still did not enjoy the colder temperature as I got out of bed this morning reminding me that it is October 15, my birthday has passed and summer is gone.
Val and I noticed last night that the air was definitely getting cooler/colder as we took Walker Evans on his nighttime walk last night, and it felt even chillier after the 45 minutes that elapsed during the walk. As Val got out of bed about 5 minutes ago, she announced that "Ladies and gentlemen, Indian summer is over."
I believe I can stop belaboring this weather stuff for now, unless we get an incredibly major change in the weather, good or bad (bad expected). Next off, I will probably start harping on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holiday stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why don't you take our Indian summer -- the one that's bringing back 96-degree temps just as I'm heading out to chaperone a bunch of first-graders on an all-day outdoor field trip? Ugh.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home