Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Doggone Day

I unexpectedly left work early today for a canine emergency of sorts, but everything is OK now.
I got a call at work from the fine people at Puppy Play Pen, where Val and I take Walker Evans once a week; the main site is on Delaware Avenue near Hertel Avenue in North Buffalo, but they just opened a new location on Ellicott Street in downtown Buffalo, and I dropped him off just before 8 a.m. It turns out that Waker had a, um, digestive concern, and I had to pick him up. Let's just say today's phrase is "Walker's stool sample."
I called our vets, Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic, and I almost immediately took over the sample; they analyzed it, discovered the problem and prescribed the necessary medication for Walker, a pill and a half (that's right), seemingly about the size of a golfball. It took three spit-outs before I finally got him to swallow the first pill, and the second, the half-pill, went down a lot easier just before dinner.
So, I got to take Walker on a very long walk around Elmwood Avenue, Bryant Street, Summer Street and a few other places, and did a lot of cleaning and some work. So far, Walker seems to be doing OK.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww. Poor guy. I'm glad to hear he's OK. He sounds like a good dog. (OK, I'd probably say that about most dogs, but he really does.)

"Let's just say today's phrase is 'Walker's stool sample.'" Ha; not fun.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Kim; yep, Walker is a great pup and he is doing fine now. But he is a bit pissed that he had to leave the Puppy Play Pen (dog day care) and miss a day of fun becasue of his issue.

It wasn't fun having to bring the poop sample home, leave it in the car while I took Walker in the house and called the vet, and finally drove it there like a sample transporter.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home