Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Day in the Park, or the Car

While I will be writing in full about Val, Walker Evans and my visit to Letchworth State Park today, we were amazed at the vast amount of people visiting the park.
We realize that the great clusterfuck this became resulted from: the annual craft fair being held at the park, the Bills bye week allowing more people to visit, the gorgeous, 80-degree or so sunny weather and the fact that this was the next to last weekend of camping there.
But damn, we were caught for about an hour going into the park in a traffic jam, both just outside and inside the park, and traffic got ridiculously bad there as well, reducing the places we could actually visit and making the places we tried to visit that much worse.
I have never come across a worse restroom in Letchworth than the one we tried to use, at which there was no running water except for toilet flushing in the women's room and none at all in the men's room, and the mess strewn around the women's room and the abominable smell in the men's room.
But more of this fun will come when I have time later; it's laundry, football and a last trip to the car for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue and Gold said...

Man, that sounds bad. Crowds, cars and nature do not mix. happy B-day, though. I thought I just saw you and your lovely wife outside my window on a dog walk... could have been, eh?

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am sorry, that was my 'other' alias, this was from Mark.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww; sorry to hear the trip to Letchworth wasn't as good as it could've been. Crowds suck. Sub-par toilets suck too. At one of the lakes we visit out here, the "restroom" is a giant plumbing-less hole in the ground, topped with a sort of cylinder and toilet seat. Not fun.

Hope you had a somewhat good time there for your birthday, anyway.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home