Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tiring Political Rhetoric/BS

I realize that "tiring political rhetoric" may seem redundant to some readers, but in particular, I am amazingly sick and tired of hearing about the unsupported allegations that Senator Barack Obama was not born in the United States of America and has a "forged" passport.
The Democratic presidential nominee has a valid passport, which has been posted online, and was born in Hawaii, which is a state in the U.S., just like Alaska. If these lunatics claim that this passport is false and want only to protect the Constituion of the United States and the process, then maybe they should ask for proof of the passports of Senator Joseph Biden, Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin. Hell, McCain was born in Panama, and Democrats aren't being such wingnuts as to doubt his citizenship or demand proof, I tell you, proof of his birth.
And let me just mention the disgust, desperation and political flop sweat that hung in the air when Val and I watched the broadcast of NBC News' Brian Williams interviewing McCain and Palin last night. Talk about fear and loathing on the campaign trail ("Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72" by Hunter S. Thompson is a classic poitical book, in my opinon).

3 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

I feel like bustin' out my copy of F&L, burying my head and dropping out of sight for the next couple weeks. The elections are getting maddening, to say the least!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunter S. Thompson was a pickled self-indulgent hack even before he left Rolling Stone.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Wait; Hunter S. Thompson drank and did drugs?

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time, Mark; November 4 has to get here and leave fast, especially with a sweeping out of the GOP.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home