Thursday, August 14, 2008

From the Frying Pan Into the Sleeping Bag

Because I only need about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and often less, I have a habit/fault of staying up too late watching something on television or, more likely, being online and catching up with blog reading, writing, etc.
The Summer Olympics being broadcast out of Beijing and China seem to have solved this for now, but not completely well. I have fallen asleep around midnight while watching Olympics coverage Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week so far, and expect to do so tonight, regardless whatever I try to do to stay awake.
I do watch a lot of the coverage, but I seem to relax after feeding Walker Evans at about 11:45 p.m. and end up waking up in a sleep-confused state between 2:30-3:30 a.m. I would much rather be sleeping in bed with Val, and the good sleeping weather we've recently had seems to be doing the trick as well.
Slap of realization: Maybe I should watch the end of the evening Olympics coverage in bed and fall asleep there. Wow ...

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Kristina and I have been staying up late watching Michael Phelps and co. teach a lesson about trash talking, and gymnastics. We're in big trouble when we have to get up at 6 when school starts!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home