Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, No, Now Cindy McCain?

I have detailed here over the months the various fund raising and action requests I have received from Republican Senator and presidential candidate John McCain and the National Republican Committee, interesting because I am a liberal Democratic committeeman.
Last week, I received a missive with a return "signature" of Cindy McCain; I knew right away it wasn't real because there was no pancake makeup, lipstick or formaldehyde on the envelope. Inside, I read that Cindy was writing to "request your help with a special family project," which was a solicitation for a $25, $50, $100 or $500 donation and my signature on a "birthday card" to mark Senator Methuselah, er, McCain's birthday August 29.
It doesn't often feel this good to spend no money.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me laugh...

"I knew right away it wasn't real because there was no pancake makeup, lipstick or formaldehyde on the envelope..."

:-)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Chris. I was hoping it wasn't too mean, then I realized you can't be mean too mean to political types.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home