Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sports Blackout Addendum

Just to update anyone interested in my continued Internet sports blackout at work, Erie County, apparently due to the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament: I now can no longer access the Buffalo News sports section or Bfloblog.
And to Jaquandor and other readers who may have thought I was complaining and/or trying to find a way to get around this: I was posting the information to let people know that us government workers, at least at Erie County, are blocked from sports sites during March Madness, and I don't believe we should be spending the time online during work for this anyway. As I said, as long as I work on the taxpayers' dime, I don't feel I should be wasting that time on Internet sports.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

Well, as a taxpayer, I've gotta say that I've seen far worse uses of "on the clock" time than following some basketball games!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Ha; well, as a taxpayer and government worker, I can only do what I believe is right and take care of my own actions.

Sorry if I seem so serious, but there are some readers who don't think we government workers have personalities or lives.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

Well, I can attest that you most certainly have both a personality AND a life, and I hope I didn't offend; I am merely amused, as I am every year, by the way some companies freak out at the possibility of their workers taking time out for NCAA action. I'm not making light of your own personal work ethic, though.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Oh, no, don't worry, Jaquandor; no offense taken.

I admit that I may be a bit oversensitive due to the constant criticism government workers receive.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home