Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lunch As It Should Be

I take my lunch to work 5 days a week most of the time, and 4 days once in a great while, usually making the array of cold sandwiches from tuna and peanut butter and jelly to deli chicken or pork roast, both with swiss cheese.
But Val's mother, Janie, made ham for dinner Easter Sunday and made enough to give Val and I and her sister, Tricia, and her husband, Brad, enough to take home. Getting a wee bit tired of my normal lunches, I made a sandwich of pieces/slices of the ham, swiss cheese and Miracle Whip on a soft roll, and heated it for 45 seconds Monday.
Good Lord, that was the best freaking ham and cheese sandwich I have ever eaten; fortunately, I realized that eating the ham sooner than later would keep the freshness and moistness quotients high, and I should have realized how much better fresh baked ham is than deli ham. And this is from someone who used to dislike ham.
OK, enough blathering, back to our appointed snarkiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home