Sunday, February 11, 2007

'Family Guy' Comes Through Again

Val and I are big fans of "Family Guy," and tonight's program, with Peter Griffin searching for his real father, was funny in the usual rough ways. Val and I are both very Irish American, and we got a lot of belly laughs out of the Irish cliches on the program, including the bottles of booze littering the airport runway and the name and activities inside Wifey O'Beaty's Pub.
But the biggest laughs were for two items; first, Stewie Griffin driving the car while Mother Theresa was suffering an overdose in the back seat, and the second was Peter Griffin's real father, Mickey, in reply to Peter saying that he was his son, noting that it was good to see something came from "the broth of my stubby shillelagh."
But I was also flummoxed (damn, I love that word) when I watched and heard the Pepsi commercial using the song "Ca Plane Pour Moi," originally done by Plastic Bertrand, which is basically a French (although Bertrand was Belgian) version of "Jet Boy Jet Girl" by Elton Motello. I don't know if I'm thrilled or appalled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home