Friday, January 05, 2007

Still Feeling Oogy

"Oogy" is a word I picked up from Val to describe how I/you feel when you are sick, and while not yet at death's door, you are tired, blah, don't want to move or lift your head, your stomach is a bit queasy and it's not fun; in other words, my cold is still here.
I am off the DayQuil, but I am still taking NyQuil before bed; I have added throat spray and continue quaffing the ghastly concoction known as Robitussin CF. It tastes oh, so bad, but it is working oh, so good, and my chest congestion is loosening, so I am feeling a bit better.
One sign that I am still not 100 percent: Val and I went to Gramma Mora's for dinner tonight, and I was unable to finish my chicken burrito ranchero dinner with rice and beans (and sour cream). I finished the chicken burritos ranchero, but I left some of my rice and beans, an act I NEVER commit. I almost felt like apologizing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really want to scare that cold away? Try Buckley's Mixture Cough Syrup.

That stuff is so vile it makes Robitussin taste like pop.

It's so horrible that it's advertising slogan says "It tastes awful, but it works."

It's so bad that your body flings all trace of cold & flu germs from your body just to never have to taste that stuff again.

Great stuff.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Oogy, and does he have a sister?

The other day, I made pasta and broccoli for the boys for dinner. Mrs. P came home from work and reheated it about three hours later. I came downstairs to greet her, but for some reason the smell of garlic and parmesan cheese made me ill.

Oogy indeed.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Dear God, SQ, this Buckley's sounds downright scary; if this damn cold isn't mostly gone by tomorrow, I will seek it out. I just took another dose of Robitussin CF, and the shuddering hasn't quite subsided. Is it available in most pharmacies?

As for food smells, most cooked/prepared foods with strong scents are making me a bit queasy right now, Prego. I have not been eating too much this past week.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago I think I bought it at Rite Aid or CVS. Maybe call/ask the pharmacist.

It's sooo bad I haven't felt that sick since - just the thought of it makes me feel better :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger val said...

Thanks, SP (or SQ, as I first wrote); I live about two blocks from Rite Aid at Elmwood and Bryant. But I have stopped coughing for the first time in about a week, and I think it's done for now.

But I will definitely keep Buckley's in mind; this week-long coughing and congestion jag really sucks. And it can't hurt one's otherwise mucous breath.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home