Monday, December 04, 2006

23 Flavors of Annoyance

I am a big, big fan of Dr. Pepper; indeed, I am a fan of cola and/or cola style pop, or as some of you less refined people call it, soft drink or soda pop.
But I haven't had any Dr. Pepper in a long time, maybe a year or more; one reason was that, at my previous job, when I took the 20-ounce screw-off top bottles to work, I would have to leave the newsroom and either go to the men's room sink or the sink in the production area near our dark room, because it would always, without fail, fizz over and squirt as far as my careful opening would allow it. No other pop would do this with even general regularity, but Dr. Pepper ALWAYS fizzed over on me.
Well, Wegmans had 2-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper on sale yesterday, so I gave in and bought one. I could not recall the 2-liter bottles ever fizzing over on me. After Val let for work tonight, I got the dog's green chew bone out of the kitchen and, having put the Dr. Pepper in the refrigerator earlier today, I figured it was time to have a nice, big glass of it.
Well, you probably already guessed it; despite my slow turning of the cap, burping the bottle and letting some air out before closing it and then opening it again, the bottle fizzed over, and I spent a few minutes wiping Dr. Pepper off the kitchen table, bottle itself and a touch on the floor. Does anyone else have this problem with Dr. Pepper?
But damn, does it taste good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home