Saturday, November 25, 2006

First Holiday Shopping Venture

Following a 9 a.m. work commitment, since I was out in Tonawanda, I went to the Boulevard Mall for some early holiday shopping this morning. I was using this session mainly as a reconnaissance, because Val and I concentrate our shopping in two places: the Elmwood Avenue area and the Internet.
This first shopping effort was being used for one main reason, to find out if, where and for how much stores in the mall had Buffalo Sabres hats, clothing, holiday ornaments and other merchandise. The second, ancillary mission, was to check on jeans prices for Val and I, and my main purchase was a pair of black denim jeans for myself, along with a couple pairs of heavy winter socks.
I discovered this: Laux Sporting Goods not only had a good amount of Buffalo Sabres' merchandise, it was overwhelmingly the new colors (which we like) and slug logo (which we still can't stand). The best discovery I made was that Laux had two hats Val and I have been looking for, the new colors with the Sabre going through the "B" with "Buffalo Sabres" underneath. It wasn't the "B," Sabre, words and stars hat you see on the players, but very close, apparently missing only the stars. The hat came in both dark blue and off white/cream, and cost $18.99.
Otherwise, it was interesting to observe that almost no Sabres' merchandise is available in the major department stores there, or no doubt elsewhere, including those stores which have carried Sabres' merchandise in the past.
Val and I wanted to check out the Sabres Store at HSBC and possibly the New Era Hat Company store in downtown Buffalo today after she woke up, but neither are open Saturdays, something that both surprises and disappoints me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home