Thursday, May 18, 2006

As Hairy as a Buffalo or Two

Playoff beards can be seen on many/most of the Buffalo Sabres as well as a lot of the players on the remaining teams in the NHL playoffs, and some are more impressive than others. In particular, Sabre J.P. Dumont has one notably hairy face right now; Val and I saw him in WGRZ-TV news at about 5:35 p.m. today, and we just looked at each other and commended his virtual mountain man beard.
The Buffalo News had some mention of playoff beards today as well, and I got a laugh out of the writer calling defenseman Brian Campbell "hirsute," one of my favorite words and a rather gentle expression for overly hairy. On the other hand, Val and I are not too impressed with Daniel Briere's attempted beard so far; of course, Val was extremely impressed with the advertisement at the beginning of the season that featured a shirtless Briere. While I noticed that he was in better physical shape than I expected, Val noticed that and a little, er, more. I thought I was going to have to give her one of my high blood pressure pills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home