Saturday, October 29, 2011

Do You Like Gladiator Movies?

During today's walk, at about 2 p.m., Walker Evans and I crossed Richmond Avenue at Summer Street.
As we started to head down Little Summer Street, as this block is called due to the jockey cottages on it, a bit of color across the street caught my eye. When I looked, I saw a man in a red gladiator outfit (costume, I assume); a red flowing cape/tunic, brown leather/fake leather skirt/shorts, gold helmet and sandals. Yes, nothing else; it seems this gladiator wanted to show off how ripped he was, and indeed, this guy, about age 25-30, was in great shape.
I gave the guy a thumbs-up sign and shouted, "Brave costume for this weather (the temperature was 40 degrees)." He waved, laughed and replied, "Great weather for this costume," and walked down Richmond Avenue toward downtown.
Sorry, Matt Locker, but I didn't have a camera with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home