Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Money (Too Tight to Mention)

As I, and indeed we as in Val and I, go though my bout with unemployment, we have been very good so far in cutting back on spending; for example, we haven't gone to a restaurant on our own since December, when I was still working.
Sadly, cutting back on things that seem to mean a lot, and often do, is sometimes easy enough that you do it almost naturally, as Val and I did when we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary without really doing anything June 23.
Tomorrow, July 22, is Val's birthday, and up until a couple of hours ago, we had nothing concretely planned to do for her and I haven't bought her a gift yet. But, due to the CD sales from my collection, now at more than 100, I can take Val to the drive-in movie tonight, and I may even be able to buy her a gift.
Without the U.S. Senate finally passing an extension of unemployment insurance benefits (mine ended at the end of last week) that the House of Representatives has already approved, I would not be able to do this, even with the CD sales.
And, of course, the job search continues.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think a drive-in movie is a great date, no matter what the situation!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I don't think I've ever been to a drive-in. Sounds like an awesome date. My dad used to talk about the drive-in theater, so I have this sort of romanticized idea of it, but that seems to be how most people actually feel about it.

I hope Val had a wonderful birthday. Also, I'm so glad the extension passed -- I would be regardless, but especially because I know a couple of people who are really counting on it.

1:12 PM  
Blogger MusicMan said...

What goes around comes around Hosey. You got what you deserved in life for being a scumbag all these years.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home