Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Financial Flop Sweat Time

Just so some of you who aren't certain realize it, my six months of unemployment benefits end this week.
With no extension of benefits because the U.S. Senate cannot find one Republican with a heart or brain so far (the House of Representatives has passed the bill), the Dunne-Hosey Estates austerity plan will have to be ratcheted up a further notch or two.
So yes, I am incredibly nervous and pissed off, and trying to do all I can to acquire full-time work as well as as much freelance work as is possible.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like the extension might go through... but in the meantime, have you thought of looking outside of WNY for a job? My husband and I both got laid off within 3 weeks of each other back in 2008. I'm still unemployed except for freelancing when I can, but he ended up taking a job in PA because there was, and has been, nothing here.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

It isn't really a consideration because: A)Val and I own our house; B)my mother is age 80 and about to have surgery Saturday, and I am her only relative left in Buffalo/Western New York, and C)Buffalo is one of the, and possibly the best, center for multiple sclerosis treatment and research, and Val was diagnosed with MS about 15 years ago.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I and our kids still live in our house here... he commutes to Erie and comes home on weekends. But with your mom and of course your wife's condition, I can see why that would be a lot tougher for you! Here's hoping the employment picture improves for a lot of us...

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Arnold said...

Loovely post

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home