Friday, July 09, 2010

Six-Month Anniversary: No Fun

I just passed the six-month mark at being involuntarily unemployed, and damn, does it still suck.
The job hunting continues, which also means the rejection continues, and I have written a few freelance stories for Artvoice and have at least one more assignment for the publication, and I am pursuing some other freelance writing, editing and proof reading projects, having bid on a couple already.
There have actually been a couple of "good" events or circumstances to have occurred partly or wholly due to my being out of work, and I will write about them here soon.
Thanks to everyone who has and continues to offer support and backing, especially my lovely wife, Val.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck again/still, though it sounds like you're staying busy (like anyone would expect otherwise).

Aaron and I are still dealing with un/underemployment, and yeah, it sucks big time. You're right, however, about the good things. We finally began to act like a married couple as soon as his previous company didn't own him. It's amazing how much fun it is to be with someone when you actually spend time together. Who knew?!

Hang in there.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Kim, and I understand and agree with you on how well you can work with and relate to your spouse in these crappy times.

Of course, as Opus did with Steve Dallas during a classic period of "Bloom County," I feel like cleaning up my self-esteem with a mop and pail at times.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home