Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Puffing My Chest Out a Bit

I saw that there was a new 1-2 inches of snowfall on the driveway and sidewalk when I got home from work last night, but more ominously, the city snow plows has gone down the street again, so in addition to the 3-4 feet of new ice and other stuff blocking most of our driveway, there was new material filling in what I had cleared.
So, after swearing and taking Walker Evans on his walk, I attacked the frozen mountain and other snow; still feeling tired and sore from thje previous day's shoveling (as many of you did), I wondered if I would need to do this in 2-3 shifts. But things started good (the looser snow and ice moved easily), and in less than an hour, I had cleared the driveway and shoveled the other new snow.
In addition, I was able to get inside, decompress for about a minute, make and eat dinner our dinner and wrap a whole lot of gifts, with a few more to go today. Provided my arms and back still work, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger LC Scotty said...

Hi Kevin,

I hope you, Val, and the Pooch have a merry Christmas.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, LC Scotty. Val and I hope that you, Kelly and Ava are having a Merry Christmas as well; it must be different being a dad and all.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home