Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Shoveling Complaint

I figured that the theme of shoveling snow is not fun could go away soon, but I didn't expect there to be this kind of excitement awaiting me at home yesterday.
I knew that the snow plows would finally come by (except for one less that comprehensive visit Saturday morning), so I figured I would need about an hour to clear out the new snow and extra snow chunks. When I got home, I saw about 3-4 feet high piles of snow, ice and who knows what chunks (possibly pedestrians), sneering at me and covering the bottom of my driveway maybe 10 feet back.
After about an hour of shoveling it, I was less than half done; I made sure that there was a pathway through the middle of it for Val to walk through when she got home, but I have a lot more work ahead of me when I get home from work tonight. And gee, it's snowing right now.
This is the kind of stuff that discourages people, makes them crabby and gets them behind in their Christmas wrapping and even head shaving. Or did I mean me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home