Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hockey Talk: Minor Yay So Far

Last night was the first night of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, and happily, the only team I will be directly rooting for throughout the playoffs was victorious, as the Calgary Flames defeated the San Jose Sharks in game 1 of their series, 3-2. I am certainly glad that the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Ottawa Senators, 4-0, but that is at least 50 percent me rooting against Ottawa.
And yes, I know that some of you and other hockey fans are shocked, I say shocked, that San Jose, with former Buffalo Sabres Brian Campbell and Mike Grier (and even Curtis Brown) in the lineup, not only lost to Calgary, but lost at all, because Campbell will now not only lead the Sharks to something like a Stanley Cup championship but maybe an undefeated season and a cure for cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home