Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hanging Out at the Drive-In

Yep, as I write this, Val and I are awaiting, in less than an hour, the showing of "The Bourne Ultimatum" at the Transit Drive-In on Transit Road in Lockport, in row 3.
Val is not only a movie fanatic, she absolutely loves drive-ins, going back to Elgin, Illinois, and of course continued when she moved here to Buffalo/Western New York. I am OK with movies, but not as big a fan as Val, and this is actually the first time we have been to the drive-in together; I do have a lot of drive-in movie experience as a child and adolescent.
We were talking about it, and Val and I propose that before the weather worsens and summer is over that the Buffalo Prefecture of the Blogosphere should hold one of our get-togethers as a night at the drive-in. Please let us know what you think and when is the best weekend for this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That sounds like great fun!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! Has to be a kid's movie for us, but it would be great because we haven't hit the drive-in yet this year.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Erin; it seems like it has something for everybody.

I bet we can find family based movies, Kevin; while we were watching The Bourne Ultimatum last night, at the screen next to us, Underdog was being shown.

And sorry I missed the open thread Friday; Val and I were out and I DVRed the game; I came about 2 minutes away from catching up to the live broadcast when the game ended.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home