Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sabres Photo Found

While Val and I spent time at my mother's house Saturday, I searched for and found a photograph that many of you readers may become more familiar with soon ... but no details yet.
The photograph was one that appeared in The Buffalo News Sunday section from the famous 1973 Buffalo Sabres hockey game versus Boston, which Buffalo won, 7-3, behind two goals by Gilbert Perreault. But the most memorable part of the game was the three fights Sabres' defenseman Jim Schoenfeld got into, including the famous through-the-Zamboni-doors clash with Bruin Wayne Cashman.
The photo reprint I found was a shot from across the ice of the final fight of the game, a brawl at and inside the Sabres' bench. In the photo, a few rows up, you can make out my brother Brian, father Edward, grandfather William and me. My grandfather was retired and doing odd jobs for Seymour Knox at the time, who gave him the tickets as a gift.
Of course, finding the photo in a scrap book on Easter weekend and realizing that I am the only surviving Hosey family member in that photo is a bit sobering.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere in the archives, I have this on video (The Zamboni door fight, not your family.. sorry). It's just ine of 120 fights on a 120 minute VHS called Sabres Greatest Fights. I will keep an eye out for it and let you know if I find it

evr

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home