Monday, April 09, 2007

Because "The Sabres" Is a Great Name

I have said this all hockey season, probably at least once during every Buffalo Sabres' game, and since Val is probably sick of hearing me say it, I will write and share it with all of you.
STOP CALLING THE SABRES "THE SABES." It is only one letter shorter than the actual, real name of the team, and "The Sabes" is not cool, funny, interesting or representative of anything except laziness, gimmicry and stupidity.
While not a 100 percent declaration, you can be almost sure that anyone calling the Sabres "The Sabes" is a new fan or, more likely, a Johnny-Come-Lately bandwagon jumper. I can hear some readers saying, "People can call the Sabres anything they want." Of course they can, and I can hold them in contempt and mock them at every chance I get, young children excluded.
Fair enough?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never bothered too much by it personally, but I feel your pain because when Ottawa is referred to as the 'Sens', it really freaks me out, no idea why. (But the 'Pens' in Pittsburgh doesn't bother me, so go figure!) What really sucks is when TV commentators use the nicknames when calling the play. Thank God, for your sake, we don't have to worry about that around here!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home