Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hail to Florida (Ouch)

I have to give credit to the University of Florida for winning its second straight NCAA Division I men's basketball championship after beating Ohio State Monday night, 84-75.
While I did not enjoy what I perceived as Florida's arrogance (maybe their fans and cheerleaders even more than the players) much of this season, I appreciated their high talent level and their actual play. Just before the game started, I turned to Val and said, "I am rooting for Ohio State, but I predict Florida to win tonight."
And even more galling to me, I was impressed with Jochen Noah running through the crowd after the game, with lots of fans trying to stop and congratulate him, and Noah not stopping until he found and hugged his mom. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home